• Homicide investigations.
of crime scenes.
• Investigations of child abuse and child sexual assaults .
• Interview techniques with
adults and children.
LICENSED PRIVATE DETECTIVE - June 1994 to present.
NEBRASKA STATE PATROL
- June 13, 1966 to December 31, 1994
HOMICIDE INVESTIGATIONS - June 1, 1977 to December 31, 1994.
• Lead Investigator
in the “Little Boy Blue” case out of Thayer County.
This case involved a two year investigation into the identification
of a body of a preteen male found frozen in a Thayer County corn field. The boy’s father was developed as a suspect in the
death of his son. The father is received a forty year sentence in Texas on evidence that developed during my investigation.
He is now out on parole.
The book “Abandoned Prayers” was written about this case.
• Lead Investigator for
the Nebraska State Patrol in Kirk Glasgow’s homicide investigation. I worked as part of a two-man task force with a Lincoln
Police Detective.This case involved finding skeletal remains by a farmer that was disking his field. Investigation led to
identity of the victim. Investigation also revealed a suspect who was convicted and is presently serving a life sentence
for the homicide.
• Lead Investigator in the 1991 attempted homicide and escape Conspiracy at the Nebraska State PenitentiaryThis
case involved several inmates at the State Penitentiary that formed a plan to escape using a
garbage truck. During the
escape attempt one of the Correctional Officers was set on fire and stabbed. As a result of the investigation, two of the
main suspects pled guilty and the third main suspect was
found guilty by jury.
• Lead Investigator in a Child
Abuse Death Investigation in Seward County.
• Lead Investigator in two homicide investigations within the Nebraska
• Lead Investigator in several “Grand Jury Death Investigations” at the Nebraska Correctional
• Lead Investigator in “Grand Jury Death Investigations” involving local law enforcement.
Involved in investigations of several “Grand Jury death investigations” involving local law enforcement.
in over one hundred Major Crime Investigations involving death investigations.
CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATIONS - June 1977
to December 31, 1994.
Crime scene Investigation involves processing the scene for evidence to assist in the Investigation
of the crime and ultimately presented at trial. The evidence collected are; photographs, sketches and the collection of trace
• Lead crime scene investigator for the Nebraska State Patrol of a triple homicide in Beatrice Nebraska.
I worked closely with local law enforcement at the scene.
• Lead Crime Scene Investigator in the triple homicide in
Humboldt, Nebraska. This case was a subject of a movie which the actress that played one of the victims received an Oscar.
Lead Crime Scene Investigator in the “Little Boy Blue” death scene.
• Lead Crime Scene Investigator in several high
profile Grand Jury death investigations involving local law enforcement.
• Lead Crime Scene Investigator in several
Grand Jury Death Investigations at the Nebraska Correctional Facilities, located in Lincoln, Nebraska.
• Lead Investigator
assigned to witness, photograph and collect evidence at more than one hundred autopsies involving suspicious death investigations,
homicides and Grand Jury Death Investigations. Requests for assistance came from law enforcement agencies from all parts of
Nebraska for autopsies that occurred at the Lincoln Hospitals.
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS (Non-death Investigations)
Lead Investigator or Crime Scene Investigator in several cases, involving attempted homicides and major assaults. The majority
of these cases occurred within the Nebraska Correctional facilities.
• Lead Investigator in several non-violent
crimes involving sexual assaults, assaults, thefts, burglaries, forgeries and conspiracies.
• Requested by other
jurisdictions to interview victims and witnesses of felony crimes and to interview suspects and obtain confessions for various
CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE
• Lead Investigator in several child sexual assaults cases requested
by County Attorneys or Child Protective Services.
• Interviewed suspects and victims for other Investigators from
• Participated as a member of Child (Sexual) Abuse Teams in three Nebraska counties.